Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Surro Files - Killing Time & Planning Ahead

Well, as you've guessed it, we're kind of in a dead zone right now.  In between cycles just waiting... and waiting.  As Belle just posted on her blog about ways to pass the time without going crazy, I too am trying to think of ways to pass the time.  I wish my ways were more productive, but alas, playing Candy Crush was the highlight of my night yesterday.  Haha!  I really should delete that game one day.  It'll suck minutes, hours, days, maybe even years of your life away with pointless crushing of the candy.  But it does keep me busy during this waiting period.  

I will say I've been a little productive with my time this week though.  I've been researching things I can do to make this next transfer more successful.  Mostly I've been doing research on supplements to increase blood flow and uterine lining.  Here are a few articles that a friend sent my way.  One is an article on "How To Increase Fertility".  The other is a study about "Endometrial Growth and Uterine Blood Flow".  After reading them I decided to add both L-Arginine and Vitamin E to my daily vitamin intake.  I started the Vitamin E (600 mg a day) yesterday since I was able to pick it up at the grocery store and the L-Arginine (3,000 mg a day) today after I finally found some at our local CVS pharmacy. 

In addition to my added supplements I've also decided to add a little yoga into my daily routine.  Who couldn't use a little de-stressing and extra exercise?  Maybe I should have my daughter start up on the routine with me.  She's been pretty stressed about school lately.  Poor girl.

So there you have it.  We're waiting.  Still planning on a September 26th transfer, but I don't have the full calendar with all the medications and monitoring appointments on it yet.  Hopefully I'll get that in the next few days.  I think I'll bug the clinic for it tomorrow.  Don't they know that Belle and I are going crazy here waiting????

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

1 comment:

  1. Love the comic. So very fitting for being a surrogate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)