Monday, June 16, 2014

Surro Files - 36 Weeks for Father's Day

The Bun
This week the baby is about the size of a honeydew melon (18.75 inches) and 5.75 pounds.  The baby is still gaining weight and becoming rounder in appearance.  By the end of this week the baby will be considered full term!!!  The presentation of the baby is most likely head down (at least it was at our last doctor visit).  For babies that are not, your practitioner may recommend an external cephalic version, a technique to manually manipulate the baby into the head-down position (ouch!!!).

36 Weeks Pregnancy - Honeydew
Photo by Belle & Adam

The Oven
Last week I let you know that my oven is breaking down.  Sleeping has become quite the challenge.  I would wake up each morning not able to walk because my pelvic bone had shifted out of place way too much.  Well this week I came up with a new way of sleeping.  With the help of 7 different pillows, I now sleep sitting up.  I find it kind of hard to stay in this position the whole night, but the nights that I have been able to, I have woke up feeling GREAT!!!!  No pain at all.  Last night I made the mistake of sleeping laying down again and OMG!  That was no good at all.  Back to my sitting up position tonight.

Pregnant Belly 36 Weeks

The Happenings In the Kitchen
Compared to most weeks, this week has been a pretty calm week.  Well, calm for us at least.  Haha!

First off, I wanted to show you my crazy sleeping nest that I talked about above.  I've got two pillows behind me to prop me up.  I've got my big noodle pillow which I form into a seat.  I have a small pillow behind my lower back.  I have one long pillow for me to wrap my legs around.  And then I have two big pillows to lay around me as needed or hug until I feel comfortable.  Brian likes to make fun of my millions of pillows, but it works, so what are you going to do?

My New Sleeping Nest
Most of the week I've been working on starting up my new doula business.  For those that don't know, a doula is a birth support person that helps a woman physically and emotionally during labor, delivery, and her first hours postpartum.  A doula also helps to answer any questions about pregnancy, labor, birth, breastfeeding, and newborns, to the best of her ability.  I'm really excited about this new journey and much of my time has been spent this week selecting a business name (Done!), designing a logo (Almost Done!), and working on my website (Under Construction...).  I can't wait to show you all the work I've been doing.  My goal is to have the website up and running by the 1st of July.

I also got a massage this week.  Oh so nice!!!!!!  Ok, I did have a little trouble since like I said above, my body doesn't like laying on its side anymore.  I'm sure the masseuse thought I was pretty crazy when it took me forever to roll over and forever to get off that table and dressed afterwards.  The massage itself was great though!!!!  I scheduled one more before this baby gets here.

This weekend was Father's Day!!!!!  Our girls were camping in Pismo with my in-laws this week, so Brian, Lincoln, and I all drove over to Pismo so we could have a nice Father's Day dinner.  The kids were all so excited to give Daddy their gifts.  Lincoln painted Brian a little frame that says I Love You Daddy.  I did the writing, but he did all the painting himself.  Both Reagan and Riley made their gifts at Color Me Mine.  Riley painted Brian a football chip and dip tray in the 49'ers colors, and Reagan painted a baseball mug in the Giants colors.  I got Brian a 49'ers mug and a Giant's mug (no I didn't paint mine).  I think he liked them all.  Father's Day success!!!!  We then took the girls home and left Linc so he could go camping for awhile.  When we got home the girls, Brian, and I all hit up the race track.  This was Brian and Reagan's first time racing, but Riley's already a pro.  Poor Brian and Reagan came in last, but Riley did pretty good.  No racing for me.  Boo!  Next time I guess.

Brian and the girls at the Racetrack for  Father's Day.

The Chefs (an update from Belle)
No update from Belle this week.  She's been busy busy busy getting ready for the trip out this way, plus her poor doggy just hurt his legs today and can't walk, so she's keeping him company right now.  I will say that I've gotten tons of shipments in the mail for Belle, Adam, and their baby though.  It's going to be like Christmas when they get here and get to open them all.  They will be all set for when baby gets here!  Oh, and I got an awesome gift from Belle this week!  It's a super cute canvas bag that says Doula on it.  I love it!!!!  It'll be perfect to carry around to each appointment or delivery.  Thanks!!!!

Coming Soon !!!
June 19th - 36 week OB Appt. - Just a routine visit.
June 24th - Belle Gets Here - Belle gets here to wait it out for the big day.  Lots of stuff to do!
June 26th - 37 week OB Appt. - Growth Ultrasound & OB Visit.
July 2nd - 38 week OB Appt. - Just a routine visit.
July 2nd - Adam Gets Here - Adam gets here to wait it out for the big day.  We're all ready to go!
July 12th - 40 week OB Appt. - Just a routine visit.  We will NOT make it to this appointment!  Haha!
July 13th - DUE DATE!!!!


Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed and faces blocked out to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)