Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Surro Files - 31 Weeks for Mother's Day


The Bun
Baby is now about the size of a pineapple (16.25 in) and 3.3 pounds.  This week baby is gaining more weight as baby fat is filling in underneath the skin.  (Haha!  That cracks me up, because if you remember the pictures from last week's ultrasound update... this baby has plenty of fat under those cute little cheeks already.  Haha!)  Their color is also becoming less red and more pink in color.  In addition, baby's irises can now dilate and respond to changes in light.


The Oven
Not much new with the oven this week...  Just lots of eyes bugging out when I tell them we still have two months left.  Yep, this belly will get bigger.


The Happenings In the Kitchen
Another busy week for us in the kitchen.  Do we ever have a slow week???  Doesn't seem like it.  Well the first half of the week was spent playing catch up and clean up after a week of fun with Belle.  It's always so fun to be busy busy busy having lots of fun, but it's totally not cool when you have to come back to the reality that you have 10 loads of laundry and decorations galore to put away.  Oh well.  Things are back to normal now and it's nice to have an organized house again.

In addition to cleaning, this week was also filled with lots of fun.  Brian and I drove down to Los Angeles this weekend to attend Maynard James Keenan's (lead singer of TOOL) 50th birthday celebration concert.  Wow!  I must be old.  How could Maynard be 50 already????  Time has went by way too fast.  Saturday we met up with my sister, my high school best friend, and their husbands for the first night of the celebration.  It was awesome!  We weren't close up, but the venue was so small that I don't think they have a bad seat in the house.  And yes, it was seated, which is a pregnant girl's dream concert.  Yay for saving my poor little feet!  The next night Brian and I went by ourselves to the second night of the celebration.  This time we had VIP tickets and were right up front!!!!  We also got signed posters, t-shirts, and cupcakes.  Yum!!!  It was like we were in our own little world up there so close.  I couldn't believe it!  Was bummed that someone stole my concert sweater that I had just bought the night before, but I guess it was my fault for stepping away from it on my chair.  Boo!  While on our trip we also got to check out Hollywood.  Having lived in Southern California half my life, you would think that I would have explored LA a bit more, but this was actually my first time going to see the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.  It was pretty fun and we even met Shrek... kind of.  Haha!


*Note: If you look very closely at the picture above (center/right) you will see Maynard in the center flanked by two band members (one giving him bunny ears) and then there is me right behind them!!!  I'm right between Maynard and the other male band member.  Pretty awesome!!!!  Right up front.*

This weekend was also Mother's Day.  Unfortunately we weren't home to celebrate on the actual day  with the kids, but we did go out to dinner with them on Friday.  I picked Spaghetti Factory.  Brian hates it, but I LOVE it!  Yum Yum!  The girls made me super cute cards and they all got me a Pandora charm bracelet with birth stones from each of the kids, as well as a heart that says "Family", and a charm that says "Live, Laugh, Love".  I  love it!  I might add a charm or two to it, but I think it's perfect the way it is.  Then on Sunday we went out to breakfast with my high school best friend who also came to the concert, toured Hollywood (as I said above), and got massages.  Ohhhhhhh so nice!!!!!!  I was in heaven.  Can we do that again???


Also had to wish Belle a Happy Mother's Day this weekend too!!!  She's already done so much to get ready for this cute little munchkin and pretty soon the real fun will start.  She's going to do awesome and be a super fun Mom!!!!

The Chefs (an update from Belle)
Sorry.  No update this week.

Coming Soon !!!
May 21st - 32 week OB Appt. - Meeting with the doctor again.  Just a routine visit.


Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed and faces blocked out to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)