Monday, March 3, 2014

Surro Files - 21 Weeks in Monterey


The Bun
The baby is now about the size of a pomegranate (10.5 in) and 12.7 oz.  As the baby's digestive system develops, they will begin to swallow amniotic fluid and absorb small amounts of sugar.  However, most of the baby's nutrients are still delivered from the placenta.  Inside the uterus, while there's still room, the baby is actively moving around, kicking, and flipping positions.

Let me tell you... this baby is taking well advantage of the spacious environment right now.  Karate classes and Let's Dance sessions are a daily occurrence for this little one.  Haha!  I even got a super quick video of a kick to the belly for Belle and Adam.  It's been hard to catch on video, but I was super excited to just get the one kick for them to see.  Check it out.  It's super quick, but if you look closely you'll see it.


Baby is now the size of a pomegranate - Photo by Belle & Adam
The Oven
Chocolate cravings are out of control!!!!  I really need to purge all chocolate out of our house, but my kids would probably freak out.  Haha!  So instead, I will really try and look the other way... and if that doesn't work (it likely won't) I will just kick up the exercise routine.  As of now I've been going to yoga classes each Saturday and trying to fit in a workout video or two during the week, but now I'm going to try and fit in 4 workout videos during the week plus my yoga class on the weekend.  It helps knowing that we're planning a Hawaii vacation for soon after this pregnancy, and I don't want to look 5 months pregnant when we go.

The Baby Belly @ 21 Weeks at the Dennis The Menace Park
The Happenings In the Kitchen
Lots of fun this week!  Linc and I tagged along with Brian for his work trip in Monterey.  The weather was great (most of the time) and it wasn't very crowded at all.  While Brian worked, Linc and I got to hit up the Monterey Bay Aquarium a few times, as well as the Dennis The Menace Park.  We already know we love the aquarium, but this was our first time at the park.  Mind you, it was a bit wet out since it did just rain, but despite that, it still wasn't hard to see that this was the most awesome park ever!!!!!  4 jungle gyms for different age groups, a huge bridge, tons of slides, swings, a rock climbing wall, a maze, skateboarding park, baseball field, lots of seating, walking paths, and tunnels, plus a huge lake around it with paddle boats to rent.  Very cool!  Not to mention the view of the ocean across the street.  Bonus!

Me and my little man at the aquarium
Getting up close with some sea life
Linc at the park
Bubba Gump Linc - Life is like a box of chocolates...
The beautiful Monterey ocean view
In addition, I've also been working on the baby shower plans.  We've still got 2 months till the shower, but you can never start too early.  I don't want to give too much away right now since the theme is still evolving, but as of right now it's looking like we'll be having a Mickey and Minnie pedicure party.  Fun Fun Fun!  I'll be sure to post lots of pictures after the party.

The Chefs
I decided to start doing "The Chefs" section a bit differently.  I think it would be much more accurate coming straight from the source, so from now on Belle will be updating you all here with what they're going through each week to get ready for the big day.  Thanks Belle for doing this so last minute!  Next time I promise to give you more notice.

"Visiting with a friend from home, who loves to spend time with us and our dogs. Busy working on organizing the nursery, baby clothing, shopping for more baby clothing on Zulily (my new BAD habit) shopping for nursing outfits, trying to score a Tula baby carrier, and picking the diaper bag i want! I feel like im so behind on items i need for the baby... other than clothing though! OH!! And im like 80% packed for my "go-bag" Just need to add in last minute items when the time comes (if i have time then) like shampoo, etc... But other than that, im ready to head right to the airport with my suitcase! That is really exciting, though i hope i don't need it for like another 18 weeks.... HAHA!" - Belle


Panoramic view of the nursery so far.  Looking good Belle and Adam!!!!

Coming Soon !!!
March 6th - 21 Week OB Appt - Meeting with the doctor again on this appointment.  Love her!
April 3rd - 25 Week OB Appt - Meeting with the certified nurse midwife.  Love her too!
April 30th-7th - Belle Visits - Yay!!!!  Baby Shower, Disneyland, Fun Ultrasound.  Fun Fun Fun!!!

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)