Monday, January 13, 2014

Surro Files - 14 Weeks with Belle!!!

The Bun
Baby is now about the size of a lemon (3.4 in) and about 1.5 oz.  The baby's well defined face can make expressions like a squint or a frown.  Some babies may even start growing hair on the head or the face, such as eyebrows!  If the baby is a girl, then her eggs will have already developed inside her ovaries.  If the baby is a boy, then his prostate gland is developing.  Hmmmmm... boy or girl????

Baby Is Now The Size Of A Lemon @ 14 Weeks
The Oven
The baby oven is going through some good and bad changes this week.  I'll start with the good.  It seems as though the baby has moved up out of my pelvis, so I've been able to close pants that I wasn't able to close before.  Yay!  A few more weeks of regular pants is great news for me.  Have I told you that I detest pregnancy pants?  If I can avoid them I will, but I'm sure at some point I'll have to wear them till it gets warm enough to wear skirts & dresses.  I just wasn't gifted with a butt big enough to hold those things up.

Now for the bad news.  The preggo pains are already setting in.  Gah!  It's always earlier with each pregnancy.  I had one day that I was walking with a sort of limp because my leg/hip/groin area was all messed up.  Then this weekend I was cleaning house and somehow messed up my back.  It came to dinnertime and I couldn't even bend down without wanting to cry.  Luckily I feel better now.  It's just all those ligaments loosening up and causing strain if I make one wrong move.  Better be careful from now on... but then again I thought that's what I was doing already.

The Surro Belly & Mommy Belly in Week 14

The Happenings In the Kitchen With The Chef!!!
This week I'm combining "The Happenings in the Kitchen" with "The Chefs" because ... Belle came to visit this past week!!!!!!!!  I've been looking forward to this week forever and we had a great time!!!!  It didn't come without a few obstacles though.  In fact it started off pretty tense and chaotic to say the least. So let's start from the beginning...

Belle was supposed to get here Tuesday night.  She visited her family in Canada first and then was going to fly out to California to see us.  Well Tuesday came and there was a huge freeze in Toronto so all the flights were cancelled and then there were huge delays and chaos.  Long story short... after 2 days of traveling and hopping from airport to airport hoping to get on a flight, she finally got here at 11:30pm on Wednesday.  Phew!  I was so worried she would miss the big ultrasound that we had scheduled early the next day.  On the down side, she did lose her bag, but luckily it's a short trip anyways.

So Thursday is when the excitement began.  I picked Belle up at her hotel bright and early at 7am for our big NT scan.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I've been worried about this scan for the past month.  This is the scan that detects abnormalities and downs syndrome in particular.  I don't know what I would do if they had to give Belle bad news.  Belle was totally excited though.  Today is the day we get to see her baby.  And not just a little blob.  We knew that this time we would see an actual baby!  The scan was amazing.  I filmed the whole thing so she could concentrate on watching the screen.  We saw the brain, the bladder, the heartbeat, and then the baby!  They looked perfect!  Perfect and crazy active.  Haha!  They were jumping and rolling all over the place.  The tech was able to get all the measurements she needed though and from her view, the baby looks great.  She even did a 3D view which was really awesome!  Unfortunately the baby was measuring a few days ahead.  We were 13 weeks 4 days at the scan, but the baby was measuring 14 weeks 1 day which is too far for them to do the 1st trimester blood screening to test for abnormalities.  We can still do the 2nd trimester screening, but it won't be as accurate.  As for the rest of the stats, baby's heart rate was 151 and I'm now up to 118 lbs.  Check out a few of our great pictures below. 
Meet The Baby (NT Ultrasound)
They Even Did A Cool 3D View
Did I mention we got a guess of what this baby could be!!!!  That was the best part.  I'm not good at waiting and it doesn't look like Belle is either, so we were all for a guess when the tech asked.  So is it a boy or a girl you ask???  Well I'm not telling.  Haha!  Yes, I'm just that mean.  Muuuuhahaha!  Adam doesn't want to know what the sex of the baby is till birth and that means that the rest of their family and friends will not know either.  Slight torture for you all, but it'll make the big birth day all the more exciting.  Don't worry.  Only 6 more months.  I did come prepared with gifts in case we found out though.  Here are the two outfits that I picked out for a boy and a girl.  Awww!  I think they are so cute.  So fitting for the couple that loves Disney, coming from another couple that loves Disney.  Now let's just hope that the techs guess wasn't wrong.
Mickey & Minnie Gender Reveal Gifts ... Hmmmmm... Boy or Girl???
After the scan we got a call from my OB office asking if we could come for our OB appointment a day early.  Sure!  We're just driving around anyways, and that'll give us the whole day tomorrow free to do whatever we want.  Since we still had some time, I drove Belle by my house for a quick tour, then we drove by the delivery hospital, we stopped for a quick snack at Starbucks, and then we headed to the OB office.  This was our first official appointment with the doctor and I love her!!!!!  She delivered my first daughter and has been my doctor ever since.  She was super excited for Belle and Adam and wanted all the details of how we ended up where we are today.  No real check today since we just had a scan today and know the baby is doing well, but it was still great to see her.

After that Belle and I went to see a movie (Catching Fire).  We'd both seen it, but who wouldn't see that movie twice.  It's awesome!  Then it was time for a break and then dinner.  We all went out to Luna's Pizzeria which is our FAVORITE Italian restaurant.  Yum!  Then we went to get some Fresno State ice cream, and it was off to bed.  I'm pretty sure Belle was about to pass out.

The next day Belle, Linc, and I went to the zoo.  The weather was perfect and all the animals were out.  We even got to see the baby orangutan and the 5 day old baby tigers!!!!!  We only saw them on a live video cam, but they were sooooooo cute!  We also saw my favorite display which is the sea lions.  I posted a picture below of Linc and Belle looking at them.  After the zoo we went to lunch at Panera (Belle's 1st time there) and then I took home Linc for a nap while Belle relaxed at the hotel.  After nap-time I picked Belle back up so we could pick up two very excited girls (Riley and Reagan) to go watch Frozen at the movies.  They were bouncing off the walls excited.  Haha!  We stopped off to get candy at Powell's Candy Shop first.  Have to stock up on some sweets.  After the movie we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for some dinner.  Yum!  Then it was time to say goodbye.  Sniff!!!!  Those two days went by way too fast.  So glad that we don't have to wait that long till Belle and Adam come back.  They'll be back late in February for the anatomy scan at 20 weeks.  Yay!!!!!
A Day At The Zoo With Linc and Mommy Belle
Coming Soon !!!
17 Week OB Appt on February 6th - Going to do an internal exam at this appointment.  Fun times.
21 Week OB Appt on March 6th - Meeting with the doctor again on this appointment.  Love her!

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)