Monday, September 9, 2013

Surro Files - One or Two???

Well this past week was week number one of cycle #3 (OUR LUCKY CYCLE) and a lot has been going on already so let me fill you in...

Wednesday, September 4th 2013
Today was the first day of our cycle and I'm feeling SUPER confident!!!  To start the cycle off the clinic had me go in for monitoring.  I did an ultrasound to see what my ovaries were doing (they're nice and quiet like they should be), and what my uterine lining looked like (it's nice and paper thin like it should be).  Passed that test with flying colors!  After that I went to get labs done.  They checked my progesterone, estrogen, HCG, & LH.  I won't get those results till tomorrow...

Thursday, September 5th 2013
Waiting, Waiting, Waiting... It seemed like forever that I had to wait for my blood test results from the day before.  I wish I had a lab that gave same day results.  I finally got the call though, and all looks good!!!!  Yay!  I was given the ok to stop taking my birth control pills and to start taking my Estradiol (estrogen) pills 2mg twice a day.  Let's just add that to my huge list of pills I'm already taking.

Friday, September 6th 2013
It's the big day!  Belle and Adam have a Skype meeting with the doctor to discuss the cycle, the embryo quality, and our plan of action at the transfer.  Will we transfer one embryo or two?  Well, it looks like the embryos are great!  They are of superb quality, and the doctor feels that in time we would eventually get pregnant.  They usually say that within 3 transfers one should stick.  He also said that our odds would be even greater if we did 2 (which is what Belle, Adam, and I were talking about already).  We'd have a 70-80% chance of getting pregnant this go around if we transferred 2 and there was a 30% chance that we'd end up with twins.  Our goal is a singleton, but we're all ok with the possibility of twins.  That said, Belle and Adam decided to sleep on this information.  It's a lot to take in.

As a side note for today... The clinic also called me to let me know that I needed to change my Estradiol from 2mg 2x a day to 1mg 2x a day.  Guess I'll be pill splitting for awhile.

Saturday, September 7th 2013
Well it's settled!  I got word from Belle and Adam that they've decided that as long as I'm on board, we will transfer 2 embryos.  I'm totally on board and excited that this cycle will most likely give us that BFP (big fat positive pregnancy test) that we've been looking for!  Yay!

Sunday, September 8th 2013
If we When we get pregnant this cycle, today will be be considered DAY 1 of the pregnancy!!!  That is so exciting to think about!  Even more exciting... We will be due with Belle and Adams baby(ies) on June 14th (A day shy of Father's Day!!!).  Looks like Belle,Adam,and the baby(ies) will get to experience one of our awesome Fresno 110 degree summers after all.  Good times!

On a less exciting note... I'm getting sick.  Bla!  I've been resting all day, but I woke up with a sore throat that I'm kicking to the curb ASAP!  You are totally unwelcome here and don't come back!

What's In Store For This Week???
Well I have another monitoring appointment on Wednesday to check my ovaries, lining, and hormone levels once again.  Let's hope that everything is looking on track!!!  We can do this!  

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

5 comments:

  1. This is it. I can feel it. Lots of positive energy coming your way! Can't wait to hear the great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming girl. This is it. Pineapple, and lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting so close! This is it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I really think it's coming soon too. This will be our big month with a big BFP for Belle and Adam! Oh, and on a side note, I'm feeling much better today. Kicked that cold to the curb. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)