Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Surro Files - Let The Legal Work Begin

So sorry I'm late on this post.  It's been one crazy week!  Those of you that follow me on my Facebook page might have noticed my post that I had to take down all the surrogacy posts for a few days.  It wasn't anything major.  The intended parents and I just wanted to make sure that everything is legal as per our contract that is currently in the works.  That being said, we've decided that from here on out we will no longer use real names, pictures, or any other identifying information in these posts.  You'll still get all the great details of what's going on as we embark on this adventure, but without the super fine details of who is involved.  Hope you don't mind.  So, what will we now call this mystery couple?  Haha!  I'm pretty sure I put way too much thought into this and who knows, I might change it back to something simple like IM (intended mother), and IF (intended father) next week, but for now I'm going to have fun with it.  From now on I will be giving the intended mother the code name Belle, and the intended father the code name Adam.  Why those names?  Well, the intended parents love Disney so I went with a Disney theme.  Belle is the intended mother's favorite character from her favorite Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast.  Now, I didn't think it appropriate to call the intended father Beast, so I went with the Beast's human name, Adam.  Yes, I had to Google his real name, so there's a little trivia for you all.  It's settled!  From now on (or at least until I change it again next week) the parents will be referred to as Belle and Adam (I've already changed this in all past posts).

Image Created By: tiffany88 on Fanpop

So as you might have already guessed, I've been working on the legal matters of the surrogacy contract this week.  Let me tell you, it's no easy feat to dive into a 40 page contract.  It took me two days to read the entire thing line by line.  It's not so much that the entire process is that complicated, but all the "what if's" are what really make this process time consuming.  I just want to make sure that I'm thinking of every possible scenario even if the odds of them happening are one in a million.  So this week I finished looking the contract over with my attorney and she sent it back over to the parent's attorney for review.  Hopefully we'll have it all done within a week or two and I won't have to think about it anymore.  Yay!

Another awesome event this past week.  The parents found an egg donor!  Yay!  They did have another egg donor but she'd never donated before and ended up backing out right around the same time the parents and I were matched.  I know it was a sad time for them since they bonded so much with the donor, but it sounds like this new donor is great and things are moving forward nicely.

Other than that Belle and I have just been e-mailing back and forth everyday (oh we Skyped for the first time with video!) and just getting to know each other even better.  I've been trying to plan my medical screening trip with Circle's travel agent.  That's coming up really soon too!  Not much else to talk of.  Isn't that enough craziness!  Haha!  Well there is more to come in bucket loads!  I'm leaving today to meet up with with some of the moms from my  mommy group in Palm Springs.  While there I'm going to hit up Disneyland and visit my family too.  After that our whole family is heading up to Portland and Seattle for spring break.  I can't wait!  I've never been to Seattle and I love Portland!  The day after that it's Easter, and then a few days after that Brian and I head out to Conneticut for the surrogacy medical screening.  While there we're going to check out New York.  I've never been there either!  Phew!  That's a lot packed into a few weeks!!!!  Let's hope I survive.  I love traveling, but after awhile you just miss home and your own bed.

*Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed*

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)