Monday, February 11, 2013

Surro Files - The Application Process


Well a week has went by and I'm pretty much just twiddling my thumbs right now. Like Linc, crawling is not my style, and I much prefer to run. There's not much I can do though. My application is being reviewed and they're waiting on my medical records from the hospital and my OB, so waiting is all I can do.

Twiddle, Twiddle, Twiddle...

For all of you that might be curious as to what I've done so far on the application process, here it goes:

The first application I filled out was online.  I admit, it was a lot longer than I had expected for a first application, but I managed to get through it.  It went over all the basic minimum requirements to be a surrogate, my expectations for being a surrogate, my health history as well as my whole family's health, my legal history, and my basic all about me information.  Yep, 19 pages and a day later I was finally done with the initial application.  Amazingly enough though, I heard back from Jeni with Circle Surrogacy the very next day.  I just want to take this moment to say I love Jeni!  She's been reviewing my application, answering all my questions (yes, I have a million), and helping me get through this whole application process.  She's one of the main reasons I decided to go with Circle.  She's awesome!  With that said, I passed the first application review!  Phew!  On to the next phase of the application process... the second application.

Yep, application #2.  This application wasn't quite as long as the first, but it took a little longer to gather all the information needed.  It took me a week to be exact.  I'm sure if I didn't have a one year old hanging on my leg every waking moment of the day I could have done it wayyyy faster, but I'm not in a big rush so no worries.  The main portion included more questions about my surrogacy expectations, my criminal/financial history, medical history information regarding my past pregnancies, release forms to get my medical records, background check release forms for all adults living in my house (good thing we're a pretty down to earth boring household), personal references, and health insurance information.  In addition I also had to provide pictures of my family and I, fill out another backup health insurance application, and a HIPPA release form.  I turned that all in last Monday, February 4th, and here I wait.  Now I'm just waiting for Circle to review everything and obtain all the information they need to make a decision on whether or not we move onto the next step.  It looks like my medical records are going to take a week to obtain so we have at least a week of thumb twiddling.  They also have to do our background checks, read over my health insurance to see if surrogacy is included, and call my references.  I know it's only going to be a week or two, but it's going to feel like FOREVER!  I keep telling myself we have plenty of time since I can't get pregnant before May anyways, but it's still hard to be at a stand still.

Twiddle, Twiddle, Twiddle...


*Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)