Monday, September 10, 2012

"Ode To A Fitted" - Guest post by Elizabeth of First Time Mom

Ode To A Fitted ... Cloth Diaper Poem

Oh, you lovely fitted diaper.
You make my life easy 
and a simple blog post wouldn't be proper
So an ode, I'll write but nothing too cheesy.

Your simple and subtle ways
Require no stuffing or snapping; 
And a happy mama at the end of the day.
You've stolen my heart and I can't go back.

At the beginning your hidden layers confused me.
I couldn't get beyond hemp or bamboo fabrics.
You seemed elite and far out of my fluffy league.
Now I realize that you're sophisticate and easy.

I don't care that outings require you to be covered!
Your print options are enough to keep me swooning.
You're the best at nighttime and during those long naps.
But most of all, and this is the best, you've got me hooked.
I cannot deny it.



Elizabeth (aka Bert) is a stay-at-home-mom and contributing writer for She Thinks Media. She lives in the Twin Cities with her husband, Ben, her son Buggie, and daughter Lady Bug.  When she's not trying to convince Buggie to expand his interests beyond Thomas the Train or put his pants back on she's writing about her experiences as a mom on her blog,First Time Mom (FTM). After all, Bert maintains there's a first time for everything, even if you  have more than one child! 





So you can easily keep track of the September Fitted Diaper Event, I will add a link to each of the posts below.  No need to worry if you've missed one of the reviews.  I've got ya covered!

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I wasn't a big fitted fan for a long time. I didn't get it. Now I have a heavy wetter little man and I get it! I NEED more of these!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a PoopsieDoodles diaper in that pic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Funny. I didn't even know that. This was my guest poster's picture.

      Delete
  3. Yeah she did a review a few months back and had her friend take some GREAT pics. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 PoopsieDoodles!!! You know know you love a product when you purchase one of your own after being given one to review. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I actually bought mine and reviewed it because it was just so stinkin' adorable and irresistibly cute.

      Delete
  5. Cute! I actually started with fitteds but I understand the "mystique" of all the layers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Bert that I don't care if it needs to be covered, because the prints are ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)