Monday, April 28, 2014

Surro Files - 29 Weeks & Gearing Up For Belle's Visit


The Bun
Baby is now about the size of a butternut squash (15.25 inches) and 2.5 pounds.  Over the next three months the baby is in for a major growth spurt.  Because of this there has been less movement going on inside of the belly.  This is due to the increasingly cramped space.

Baby is now the size of a Butternut Squash at 29 Weeks

The Oven
You know that point in a pregnancy when you are just aching and done.  Well this usually hits me the last month of the pregnancy.  Big, aching, huge, can't move in any direction without feeling tired and in pain.  I'm not there yet, but I feel it on the horizon.  It usually hits in the evening after a long day of being up and about.  Depends on the day and what I'm doing, but the most common symptoms I feel at the end of the day are backache and/or a heavy, baby's about to fall out, type of feeling.  Sitting down for just a few minutes seems to make everything better, so I welcome the calm evenings where I just read, watch TV, or mess around on Facebook.

In addition, I've also noticed a change in baby movements this week.  What used to be kicks and side swipes, is slowing down and turning into more baby shifts and pushing.  There's just getting less and less room in there for karate classes and yoga, so baby has resorted to lots of sleeping and just rolling over when they want a change of position.  I love this stage of movement because I can feel a leg, an arm, or a butt, and it's fun to just rub those spots and try to guess what the body part is.  I'm sure I'm wrong every time, but it's fun to guess.

The Belly @ 29 Weeks
The Happenings In the Kitchen
This week I did the glucose test.  Fun times!!!!  You get this "yummy" [insert sarcasm] super sweet orange drink, that you have to down in 5 minutes or less and then you get to sit there for an hour (no food or drinks allowed) after which they draw your blood to find out how your body responded to all the sugar.  They're basically looking to see if I have gestational diabetes which is a pregnant form of diabetes.  I've only failed this test once in all my pregnancies, which means you then have to do the 3 hour long test, but I've never failed the 3 hour test.  Yay for that!  I think I did good this time around.  I decided to fast instead of going later in the day, so I think my levels will be well within range.  I guess we'll find out in a week when Belle and I go to our 30 week OB appointment.

Other than the glucose test, this week has been pretty slow.  It was cold, windy, and rainy, so I didn't want to do much.  Bummer too, because the Clovis Rodeo was this weekend and every year I say I'm going to go.  After living here for about 17 years, I'm sure I will go one day.  It's a huge deal here.

What I did do this week though was finish up on some of the last minute details that I had left for Belle's baby shower.  Only 4 more days till the shower!!!!  I can't wait!!!  I hope Belle and everyone else coming has a great time.  Here's a sneak peak of what I've been making this week.  Yum Yum!

Mickey & Minnie Oreo Cookie Pops
I also have been working a lot on becoming a Doula.  I started reading the first of many books that I need to read, The Birth Partner.  I've read it before, but that was about 9 years ago, so I thought I'd read the new version this time around.  I also signed up for the training class I need to take.  It's a 3 day course with 2 days in doula training and 1 day in childbirth training.  On top of that I decided on a company name, Beautiful Beginnings, purchased my web address, started a Facebook page, and started working on the logo and graphics.  Yep, I'd say I'm pretty excited about it all!  And it all comes at perfect timing.  Did you know next month is Doula Appreciation Month???  As soon as I get the web page and Facebook page up and running, I'll post a link in case any of you want to follow that journey as well.    

The Chefs (an update from Belle)
Sorry, no update from Belle this week.  She's out having fun with her friends and family this week before heading out here.  I can tell you that she's been having lots of fun though!  Last week she let you know that she was going to be moving back home after the baby is born to save on some of the stress of traveling with a newborn clear across the world, and trying to sell a house with a newborn.  That being said, she's been getting her new temporary room ready for after the baby is born.  It seems to be coming together great and will be a perfect little space for her and baby while they are in transition between homes.  In addition to getting the new space ready, she's also been doing lots of baby shopping and even had a baby shower with her best friends this past weekend.  Sounds like she had a blast!!!!  I can't wait to see pictures!  Now she's off to visit more family and do a little more shopping before heading on a plane over here on Wednesday.  Yayyy!!!!

Coming Soon !!!
April 30th-6th - Belle Visits - Yay!!!!  I can't wait!!!!!  Always so much fun to hang out and spend some quality time together.  And we've got LOTS planned!!!!
May 1st - Baby Shower - Yayyyyyyy!!!!!  I've been waiting for this day for quite awhile.  Can't wait to shower this mommy to be with lots of love and gifts!
May 2nd-4th - Disneyland - Fun Fun fun!!!  The girls are so excited for our girls only trip to Disneyland.
May 5th - 30 week OB Visit - Will find out glucose test results and talk about the growth scan.
May 5th - 30 week Growth Scan - Yay!!!!!  Another chance to see baby.  So is this a big baby?  Lots of fluid?  Or do we have a 2nd baby hiding in there???
May 5th - Doula Meeting - This is our 1st official meeting with the doula to go over our birth plan and how labor and delivery will go to keep us nice and calm.

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)