Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Surro Files - 9 Weeks @ The Happiest Place On Earth

The Bun
Baby is now the size of a green olive / cherry (.9 in) and .07 oz.  Getting big!!!!  This week the embryonic tail disappears.  The hands and feet look a lot less like paddles and have more formed fingers and toes.  The baby's head is still larger than the rest of the body and the eyes are fully developed, but are covered by the eyelids which are fused shut for the next 16 weeks or so.  Inside the baby's body, the internal reproductive organs (testes or ovaries) are starting to form, but will not be quite distinguishable until the next couple of weeks.

Baby is now the size of a cherry
The Oven
I'm HUGE!!!!  Ok, I start out pretty normal in the morning, and then I turn into mega belly by night.  It's like the curse of Fiona on Shrek or something.  "By night one way, by day another... this shall be the norm."  Gah!  You got that right!  I'm bloated like no other.  I'm sure I would never sink in the ocean.  I'm just one big life preserver.  Other than bloat though, I'm feeling pretty good.  Tired I guess, but that's why I have a toddler to take naps with.  Haha!

Buddha Belly @ 9 Weeks (it gets way bigger at night)

The Happenings In the Kitchen
Nothing going on this week as far as Dr. appointments, but we did take the baby bun on another last minute trip to Disneyland.  I'm sure their mommy and daddy would want it that way being that they are Disney freaks too.  Haha!  We only got on three rides while there (Small World, Snow White, & The Carousel), but we still had a lot of fun.  Plus there was lots of yummy food as well.  Pot roast for lunch and a hot chocolate to warm up.  Yummmm!!!!!!!

The Bun's 2nd Trip To Disneyland
I also visited my family while down in Southern California.  Was super excited to see that my dad decorated the house all up for Christmas the way he used to when we were kids.  It really was a treat to see!  It's also rare that we all get together now that life is busy and I live so far away, so of course we took some family pictures while there.  Have to mention that I'm excited that I FINISHED my Christmas shopping this week too!!!!!!!  That is rare  unheard of that I would ever finish any sooner than the day before Christmas.  Go me!!!!!

My Family (me, 2 brothers, 2 parents, 3 kids, 1 sister, 1 brother-inlaw, 1 nephew,
 ... and a partridge and a pear tree)
The Chefs
The Chefs, Belle and Adam, have really been cooking up a storm, literally, for the baby announcement.  I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I really think it's going to look awesome!!!!  To tell you the truth, I haven't seen it yet except for bits and pieces, but it sounds like the final piece will be done really soon.  Yay for baby announcements!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon !!!
Our next ultrasound is December 12th.  We will be 9-1/2 weeks into the pregnancy at this point.
Our NT Scan is January 9th This is the ultrasound where they will look for abnormalities.  Hoping we don't see anything out of the ordinary.  It really is an amazingly detailed scan.  Belle will be flying out for this one!!!!
Our first OB appt with Dr. B is January 10th  We will be almost 14 weeks into the pregnancy at this point.  Super excited that Belle will be flying out for this one too!!!!

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)