Monday, September 30, 2013

Surro Files - Take Four!

This week has been a whirlwind of emotions from very low to very high.  At least we're ending on a happy note.  I knew that being a surrogate would come with ups and downs, but wow!  I didn't realize there would be this many.  I guess you kind of go into this thinking that it will be easy.  I've had kids.  They're putting the already made embryos in me, so it should be easy right?  One, Two, Three ... Baby!  Isn't that how it's supposed to work?  Ummmm... no.  Even surrogacy takes time a patience just like any other baby making process.  If I learn anything from this process, it will be patience, and lots of it.

The Bad News: So if you remember last Monday, I was getting ready to head to my monitoring appointment with my lucky panties on, hoping to have a nice thick lining.  Well Wednesday came and it was not a happy day.  The ultrasound tech informed me that my lining had in fact dropped from 6.5 to a 4.9!  I instantly started crying in the office.  How could this be???  I've been doing everything I can this month.  What more can I do?  I don't want to deliver bad news again.  Maybe I'm not the right person for this job.  I thought I was supposed to be helping!  All these thoughts ran through my head.  Afterwards I talked with my clinic.  The nurse was pretty sure they were going to cancel but official word wouldn't come till the doctor reviewed all my labs and the ultrasound.  Thursday brought official word though.  Cycle Cancelled!!!  Gah!  It turns out I ovulated and in IFV, if you're not doing a natural cycle then ovulation is a bad thing.  The medications should have stopped me from ovulating, but I guess they weren't doing their job.  Mystery solved.  No wonder why my lining was thinning.  Boo!

The Good News: With bad news, always seems to come good news.  The very next day we all got news that we would be jumping right back in with a natural cycle.  No medications.  Just my body doing what it knows how to do already.  Both of our medicated cycles we were unable to make it to transfer where as with our natural cycle last August we did.  We're all very excited to jump right back in and even more excited of the possibility of a Halloween celebration of pregnancy!

So what next?  Well, we wait for my period to come.  I can't really say when it will come (hopefully very soon) since I don't know when I ovulated, but I will say that we expect to transfer at the end of October.  Feeling very lucky this time around.  We all know that 3's a Charm, but a 4 leaf clover is the icon of all that is lucky.  Here we go again!!!

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

3 comments:

  1. oH SWEETIE! Not again! And you ARE helping, even if it's taking awhile to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I'm excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)