Monday, April 29, 2013

Surro Files - Sick As A Dog

Let me start out by saying this week has NOT been fun!  I've been sick as a dog (who ever came up with that expression???).  It all started with my girls getting sick, then my in-laws got sick, then I got sick, then Linc got sick, and now Reagan is sick... again!  Bla!  It's not an easy sick either.  I've had fever, chills, body aches, nasal drip, and coughing... oh the coughing!!!!  It's never ending.  I will just hack, and hack, and hack till I practically puke (ok, I have puked a few times).  It just won't stop.  I ended up going to the doctor and they gave me everything under the sun.  I got some antibiotics, some cough medicine, some nasal spray, and a shot in the butt.  Oh, and to top it all off I pulled something in my neck giving me excruciating neck pain so the doctor gave me some pain pills for that too (which didn't even work.  Bla!).  I'm just a hot mess.  Today I can finally say that I think I'm better though.  Yes, the cough is still there, but other than that I feel back to my old self.  Now if we could just get Linc and Reagan there.  My poor babies are just miserable and it makes me sooooo sad.

As far as what's going on with the surrogacy, we hit a huge milestone!!!!  We finally got clearance for the clinic to set up and give us a schedule for the transfer!!!!!  Eeeeeeeek!!!!  All contracts from all parties are signed, so we are ready to roll.  We should get word this week on a schedule.  I can't wait!  I'm still not sure if we're planning on doing a fresh or frozen transfer now that we're so close to when I'm ready to start cycling.  I guess I'll find out soon enough and I'll let you all know.  With a fresh transfer the egg donor and I will sync our cycles together.  We'll both take our hormone medications for a certain period of time and then the egg donor will go in to have the eggs she's produced for that cycle removed.  They'll then take those eggs and create embryos using the sperm donors sperm.  Once the embryos are ready they will then transfer the best one to me.  With a frozen transfer they will pretty much do the same thing, but they will not sync my cycle with the egg donors.  Once they are done creating the embryos they will then freeze them so that they are ready to go when I am ready to transfer.  It's all such an exciting and fascinating process.  We'll soon be creating this perfect little life and I just can't believe that we'll be starting so soon!

This time next week Brian and I will be in Hawaii!!!  I'm counting the days, the hours, and the seconds till we go... 4 days, 19 hours, and 22 seconds till we go... 21 seconds... 20 seconds... hehe!  This is our last big vacation till we get this whole surrogacy adventure on the started and it's going to be a blast!  I'm a little embarrased to say that I'm already packed.  I have been since Saturday (a week before we leave).  I just keep looking at that bag and thinking... OMG... I'll be seeing Hawaii for the first time very soon.  It's just amazing to think about.  Now if we can just get to Saturday without Brian getting sick then it will be a miracle.


Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)