Monday, July 23, 2012

How To: Upcycle a Wine Bottle into a Yarn Wrapped Vase #freefromtrash

Upcycle a Wine Bottle into a Yarn Wrapped Vase

We’re almost to the end of our month long series of Upcycled Crafting Projects. Boooo! Aren’t you sad? I know my girls are. I guess we’ll just have to continue on and keep making treasures from trash in our household. Will you? Today we’re going to be creating beautiful yarn covered vases from wine bottles. You could also use beer bottles or even glass root beer bottles if that’s what you drink in your household. My daughter had such a good time creating her vase and loves showing it to everyone that comes over to our house. It’s now sitting on her craft table in her room and I have to say that it really brightens up the space. Check out my tutorial video below to see how to create your very own yarn wrapped vase. Ok, I really should call it Riley’s tutorial video since she’s the one that did it for me. This is my favorite video by far. She cracks me up! Don’t you just love kids on film? 

What You Will Need:

Wine Bottle (or any other glass bottle)

Yarn (or rope, twine, etc.)

Glue

Scissors

Live or Fake Flowers For Your Vase

Step By Step:


Voila!!!! You’ve just created your own work of art. Use different bottle sizes and/or yarn colors to create a wonderful vase grouping. I just love how easy this project is for anyone to do and the results are so beautiful. Riley can’t wait to make her next vase. Guess it’s time to drink another bottle of wine. Haha!

Riley is proud of her yarn wrapped vase project

*This post is part of the Upcycled Crafting Challenge (#freefromtrash) hosted by Calley, The Eco Chic, and is part of a one month challenge to create from trash.  This challenge will hopefully open your eyes to the number of items that we still end up trashing every day that could be used by ourselves or our kids to create fun and useful items.  To find out more about the challenge and to see other projects click on over to Calley’s announcement post.*

Check out some of the other great posts from today below and be sure to link up your projects today too!!!  Just link to your blog post, Pinterest picture, Photobucket Picture, etc.  I'd love to see your wine bottle projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)