Friday, June 15, 2012

The July Upcycled Crafting Challenge #freefromtrash


Items In Trash Can We Can UpcycleThose of you that have been reading my blog awhile now already know that I'm a craft project freak. On top of that, you might know that I've raised two little craft project freaks. I guess you could say that Riley, Reagan, and I are a crazy crafting trio. That's my girls! Well I just heard this week that Calley, The Eco Chic, will be  hosting the Upcycled Crafting Challenge for the month of July. For each day in the month of July she will be creating a craft project that utilizes an item that would normally go in her trash and she's inviting others to do the same. Not only does this create an opportunity for the girls and I to get down and crafty, but it also gives me the chance to teach the girls how to be eco conscious and reuse the things we already have in our possession instead of adding to our earth's ever accumulating waste.  Bonus!  This is just what the girls and I need to bring us together while they're out of school for the summer!  Yay for mommy / daughter bonding time!

So what does this all mean?  Well I'll be taking a bit of a break from my usual cloth diapering posts for the month of July and bringing you all a whole lot of crafting projects instead.  Check out the list below to get a sneak peak at the items I'll be using in the upcoming DIY projects.  I might change out a few items that fit better into what I personally have in my trash, but for the most part the items will remain the same as scheduled.  Let's have fun together and get the kids involved too!  So dust the cobwebs off your sewing machine, break out the glue gun, and gather up all those things that you now call trash.  You're in for a whole lot of crafty fun!  Come join us and sign up for the Upcycled Crafting Challenge too!!!!  If you want to sign up just visit The Eco Chic's post (link below).  I'm still working on getting a list of those participating and will add it to this post later.


*This post is part of the Upcycled Crafting Challenge (#freefromtrash) hosted by Calley, The Eco Chic, and is part of a one month challenge to create from trash.  This challenge will hopefully open your eyes to the number of items that we still end up trashing every day that could be used by ourselves or our kids to create fun and useful items.  To find out more about the challenge and to see other projects click on over to Calley’s announcement post.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)