Monday, April 21, 2014

Surro Files - 28 Weeks for Spring Break & Easter


The Bun
The baby is now about the size of an Aubergine (14.8 inches) and 2.25 pounds.  Baby's brain has developed more tissue and has formed grooves on the surface.  It's likely the baby has developed a more regular sleep schedule also, ranging from 20-30 minute intervals.  If we're having a boy, then his testes are migrating into his scrotum.  If we're having a girl, then her clitoris is beginning to form.  Hmmmmm.... Boy or girl???  You'll all soon find out!


The Oven
Oven is still growing nice and big.  As you can see in the picture below, my belly now takes up about half my lap.  Haha!  Staying on track with my growth curve at about a pound a week.  We're now up to 135 lbs (up from 106) so I'm still hoping to stay within my 45-50 lb weight gain range that I normally gain.  No new aches or pains this week.  I actually have felt great!


The Happenings In the Kitchen
Ok, a LOT has happened this week!!!!!



Last I wrote we were in the middle of our vacation and just heading over to LegoLand for the second half of spring break.  This was our first time there and the kids were soooooooooo excited!!!!  We even stayed in their newly built LegoLand Hotel which is awesome!!!!  I love this park.  It's a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be and just perfect for our kids ages.  I would say it would be best for kids between 36" high to about 9 or 10 years old.  Although my girls will love it even longer because they aren't into big kid rides just yet.  I didn't do too bad walking around the park, but I will say that the one day that I decided to not take a nap, I was totally done by the end of the day... or I probably could have called it quits even sooner.  By then this baby had been putting pressure down below for long enough and I seriously felt like they were just going to fall out.  Note to self for our trip to Disneyland coming up... must take a mid-day break or get a scooter.  Haha!



As soon as we got back from LegoLand, our Easter festivities began.  We colored eggs, visited the Easter Bunny, had an egg hunt (or two), opened Easter baskets, and had our Easter BBQ.  Phew!  Busy weekend!!!!  I know Linc's favorite part was all the candy.  That's all he could say all day.  The girls on the other hand LOVED the egg hunt.  Thus they had me hide them for a second time so they could do it all over again.  Haha!  It was a great day though, with candy overdose bellyaches at the end.  Oh the joys of lots of candy.


No candy for me though.  I decided to do my glucose test today (a day earlier than I had planned).  I decided to fast this time and feel really confident that I passed.  I guess we'll find out at our next doctor appointment when Belle gets to go with me.  Yay!

Oh!  And in other news... I've decided to become a doula!!!  I'm really excited to start on this new journey and can't wait to get started.  I've already ordered some of the required reading materials and booked my doula workshop classes.  Yay!!!!!!!!

The Chefs (an update from Belle)
"This past week has been full of big decisions. Adam and I have decided its best I move back home after the baby is born.  No more waiting around for our house to sell! This decision kept us busy, as we had to not only re-plan our entire summer, but also re-shop for all our main baby items all over again (crib, mattress, etc..) and have all the items delivered to my parents home. This was a hard decision to make, as I will be leaving Adam behind for a few months, but the right one to make on many different levels. We are both overall very excited for everything to come!" - Belle

Coming Soon !!!
April 30th-6th - Belle Visits - Yay!!!!  I can't wait!!!!!  Always so much fun to hang out and spend some quality time together.  And we've got LOTS planned!!!!
May 1st - Baby Shower - Yayyyyyyy!!!!!  I've been waiting for this day for quite awhile.  Can't wait to shower this mommy to be with lots of love and gifts!
May 2nd-4th - Disneyland - Fun Fun fun!!!  The girls are so excited for our girls only trip to Disneyland.
May 5th - 30 week OB Visit - Will find out glucose test results and talk about the growth scan.
May 5th - 30 week Growth Scan - Yay!!!!!  Another chance to see baby.  So is this a big baby?  Lots of fluid?  Or do we have a 2nd baby hiding in there???
May 5th - Doula Meeting - This is our 1st official meeting with the doula to go over our birth plan and how labor and delivery will go to keep us nice and calm.

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)