Saturday, April 12, 2014

Surro Files - 27 Weeks And We're In The 3rd Trimester!!!!!


The Bun
Baby is now about the size of a rutabaga (14.5 inches) and about 2 pounds.  Right now baby looks like a thinner, redder, more wrinkled version of what they will look like at birth, but in the next few weeks more fat will fill out their appearance.  Baby's immune system is continuing to mature as are their lungs which are still practicing breathing amniotic fluid.

Photo Taken By Belle & Adam

The Oven
This belly is now in the third trimester!!!!  Woot woot!  Ok, there is debate on if the third trimester starts at 27 or 28 weeks but I think 27 makes more sense so I'm going with that.  That being said, I feel like end of pregnancy symptoms have decided to start all of a sudden right when we turned this new leaf into the home stretch.  This weekend I could NOT sleep because of acid being pushed up through my throat due to tight space limits in the belly now.  I also magically started getting leg cramps when I stretch which I hadn't had all pregnancy till now. Oh yes, the joys of the third trimester.  But I know it means we're getting close and that makes me so excited.  We're almost there Belle and Adam!!!

-Pic of my sister and I (27wks for me, 26 weeks for her)

Lately the belly has been a movin' and a groovin'.  This baby does not like to sleep at all!  Haha!  I don't mind though.  I'm quite amused by their playful side kicks and rolls.  Even got a great video of a leg, or maybe an arm doing a few side swipes across the belly while they were listening to their mommy read books on our Belly Bud headphones ... or rather bellyphones??


The Happenings In the Kitchen
Ok, do I really need to say what I've been doing this week???  Still working on the baby shower.  Haha!  Yes, it's a never ending process, but I wanted to get as much done as I could before we left on our spring break vacation.  I'm feeling really good right now.  I've gotten so much done and I'll still have 2 weeks when I get back to finish things up.  So nice to not leave everything to the last minute!  Ok, I'd post pictures of what I've been up to as far as projects, but I really want it to be a surprise for Belle when she gets here.  I promise I will post TONS of pics after the shower.

This weekend started our spring break vacation.  We headed down South to visit my family for a few days before heading to Lego Land for the week.  I only get to see my family every few months, so it's really nice to catch up, laugh, and just relax.  I'll admit it's a little chaotic getting all four kids together, but they do have fun... Most of the time.  Haha!  It's also great hanging out with my sister who is due with her own little bundle of joy just a week after Belle and Adam's baby.  We can compare notes on baby aches and pains, kicks and rolls, and everything else to do with baby making.  I just don't have the after birth tasks to share in.  I like it that way though.  Gives me more time to enjoy and talk about what everyone else is doing to get ready, while still concentrating on my own kids.  Such a great mix.

- My family with parents, sister, and her son. 

The Chefs (an update from Belle)
"This past week has been quiet, but busy! Lots of nursery organizing going on. You can never be too organized. I got the last order of my cloth diapers in the mail, as well as the rest of my Zulily order =  lots of laundry washing!
 Adam was away all week for work, which gave me time to put together the changing table and I now have it all set and ready to use. I can honestly say I feel like I now have everything ready for the baby's arrival  and can relax (even though that wont happen!!!)  Last thing on my list that I must get are mattress protectors, which I somehow forgot to buy up to this point.  
More house viewings coming up!  Maybe our move is close at hand?!" -Belle

Coming Soon !!!
April 22nd - Glucose Test - Ewwwwww!!!!!  Not looking forward to it.
April 30th-6th - Belle Visits - Yay!!!!  Baby Shower, Disneyland, 30 Week Growth Ultrasound, 30 Week OB Visit, & Meet With Doula.  Fun Fun Fun!!!  Busy Busy Busy!!!

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)