Thursday, August 1, 2013

Surro Files: Green Light Means GO!!!


Eeeeeeeek!  Well after a week of peeing on ovulation predictor kit sticks (OPK's) I finally have a positive!!!!!!!  Last night I took my usual 6pm test and almost cried when I thought it was going to be negative once again.  Then after about 2 minutes I started to see the color get a bit darker!  It was positive!!!!

You don't know how excited I am right now!  I've been worried all week that I would miss the surge.  Even after Monday's ultrasound I was only in bliss for a day before the worry started to kick in again.  My old worry was, "What if I miss the surge?"  "What if my lining isn't thick enough?"  "What if I don't ovulate?"  A lot of those fears came to rest after the ultrasound.  I know my lining is great.  I know I'm going to ovulate.  I know out of all the years I have done OPK's, I have never missed a surge.  Those fears were put to rest for the most part.  

My new worry was timing.  Belle has been waiting for me in New York City all week.  This being a natural cycle, we don't really get a good timeline of how things will go so she just booked a block of time and hoped that we would transfer after she got there, but before she left.  Well, that block of time is quickly coming to an end.  Belle hops on a flight back home on Tuesday the 6th.  I REALLLLLLY want her to be there, but at this point I can't say that we will make it.

I just e-mailed the clinic with the exciting news and am now waiting for my new orders.  What do we do now?  I know I'll have another monitoring appointment to confirm ovulation, but I'm not sure if it will be today or tomorrow.  Of course I'll let you know as soon as I hear something!!!!

*Update Before I Post* - Looks like I'll be going in for monitoring on Friday August 2nd to see if I ovulated.  After that we'll book our flights and head on out to CT for the transfer!!!!!  We're getting close Belle!  We'll be there soon!


Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed.

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey.     

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH!! This makes me SO excited! Keeping my fingers crossed and sending lots of prayers and baby dust to you and Belle! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)