Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Surro Files - 30 Weeks & Lots of Fun With Belle!!!!

So sorry for the delay in getting this post up on the blog.  It's been quite a week and has taken be awhile to get back into the groove of things.  We all had a blast this week and I'm excited to share with you what we've all been up to.

The Bun
Baby is now about the size of a cucumber (15.7 inches) and 2.75 pounds.  As baby continues to practice breathing they might get the hiccups.  I haven't noticed any hiccups yet, but I know my first daughter had them about a million times a day.

Photo by Belle & Adam
The Oven
Oven is still getting bigger (140 lbs now / up 35 lbs), but slowing down on growth according to my OB's measurements.  This month I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead, but last month I was measuring 4 weeks ahead and the month before that I was measuring 5 weeks ahead.  Glad this baby making machine is slowing down!  As far as aches and pains, I'm feeling pretty good.  Well, I am as long as I'm not doing too much.  This week was a bit much with everything going on and my ankles turned into cankles, and my chicken feet turned into elephant feet.  Haha!  Luckily after resting a bit, they're almost back to normal.  Too bad I've got another busy weekend coming up, but I think I can handle it.  Pre-Labor contractions are still there now and then too.  Nothing alarming, but they do take my breath away when they decide to show up.


The Happenings In the Kitchen
Wow!!!!  Where do I even start with this week????  It's been BUSY!!!!!!  This week was the week Belle came to visit.  She flew in late Wednesday night and after a night of rest for her, we were non-stop till she left Tuesday morning.  Baby shower was on Thursday, Disneyland from Friday to Sunday, and then a whole day of appointments on Monday.  Phew!!!!  But we survived.  For the most part.  Belle ended up leaving yesterday morning without her voice.  I hope it's just a one day sickness and she gets over it soon, but that's no fun flying while sick.

So Thursday was the baby shower.  I've ALWAYS wanted to throw a baby shower, so as soon as Belle and Adam's little bean came into existence, I just knew I wanted to throw them a baby shower.  I can't remember when exactly I started the planning, but it's been at least a good few months that I've been working non-stop to make this a great day to remember for Belle.  I kept the party pretty small (party of 12).  My main goal was just for my closest friends and family to meet this amazing mommy to be and I knew we wouldn't have too many other chances for that.  The theme evolved a few times, but in the end we settled on a Mickey and Minnie Mouse Book Party.  What better theme for a Disney loving couple who want to keep the gender a secret and love books?  It was perfect!!!  The party went great!  I'll admit, that it didn't turn out as grand as I imagined.  I cut out a few things that I had planned due to lack of time and although I've been getting ready for this party for months, and I had help setting up the day of the party, I still found that there wasn't enough time to do everything I wanted to do, so a game was eliminated, our activity was a bit chaotic, a few decorations left out, but in the end I think everyone had a great time.  I'll do another post to elaborate on the party a bit more, but here are some pictures from our super fun day.



My Gift To Belle & Adam
The very next morning my girls Riley and Reagan, Belle, and I, all packed up the car and left for Disneyland.  Yay!!!!  My girls had been looking forward to this trip since they heard about it in February.  They were sooooooooo excited!  I'll admit, Belle and I were pretty darn excited too.  This was Belle's first trip to the official Disneyland, and I just love Disneyland, so I couldn't wait.  The highlight of the trip was on Saturday.  Belle had arranged for the girls to get all made up at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.  That's where fairy godmothers dress up little boys and girls to become little princes and princesses.  The girls got their hair done super cute and makeup as well.  They looked adorable!!!!  Afterwards we all got our pictures done with the princesses.  I can't even count how many compliments the girls got on how cute they looked and everyone was excited to see their costumes as Mulan and Pocahontas since they are two under appreciated princesses in the Disney world.  It was a bit crowded at the parks (when is it not?), but we managed to get on quite a few rides.  My girls even got Belle to ride Splash Mountain with them despite Belle's fear of scary rides.  What a trooper Belle!!!  Here are some pictures from our trip.



Monday was our appointment day starting bright and early at 8am.  First up was the 30 week growth ultrasound.  We even got to do it at the really good ultrasound clinic so the pictures were awesome!!!  I drank a whole bunch of orange juice that morning and had a cupcake leftover from the party for breakfast in hopes that baby would be moving about for us to see.  It was really working in the waiting room and I hoped that they would call us back before baby went back to sleep, but no such luck.  Baby was asleep by the time we finally got started.  Boo!  Oh well.  At least it allowed us to get some great pictures.  And by the end of the ultrasound baby finally woke up, so we got a little movement and a few smiles.  Sooooooo cute!  I guess that wasn't the point of the ultrasound though.  Haha!  We did find out important stuff too.  Baby's looking great health wise and measuring only a tiny bit ahead (about a week).  Amniotic fluid looks great too.  Not too much and not too little.  I will say that this baby has the biggest squishy cheeks ever though.  Absolutely adorable!!!!  Baby was measuring in at about 4 pounds 5 ounces, with a heartbeat of 143 beats per minute.

Baby is looking super cute with chubby cheeks.  ADORABLE!!!!

Next up was our doula appointment.  I just love our doula and meeting her again just solidified my decision to go with her.  She's just so calming and I feel like she really knows a lot about birth and how to make this a great experience for us all.  We talked about the birth plan a bit, talked about ways we might be able to avoid back labor this time around (since I've had it with two of my children), and talked about different ways to ease the pain in in early labor before she gets there to join us.  We also got to smell a few different essential oils just to see what types I might want to use during labor and talked about using some quiet music during labor as well.  I've never tried music, but the music she was playing in her office sounded really soothing.  Near the end of the appointment we met up with our backup doula so she could meet Belle.  I'd also interviewed her and really liked her a lot, so it was nice knowing who would be there just in case I go into labor on a day that our doula couldn't make it.  In closing Belle and I did a meditation session together and that was very soothing as well.  I can't wait for the big day!!!!  Our next meeting with the doula will most likely be after Adam gets here so he can meet her and she can see my house and their hotel room (two possible places we might labor).  It's getting so close!!!!

Last up was our 30 week OB appointment.  This appointment almost got canceled because my nurse midwife was sick that day, but we were able to get in with another nurse since this was Belle's last day in town.  All looked great and we set up our next appointment for two weeks from now.  Yay!!!!!  On to appointments every two weeks.  Like I said before... we're getting close!!!!

The Chefs (an update from Belle)
Obviously since Belle is sick right now, I don't expect her to send over an update for this week, but since she was with me most of the week, our updates are just about the same anyways.  We should hear back again from Belle next week on here.

Coming Soon !!!
May 21st - 32 week OB Appt. - Meeting with the doctor again.  Just a routine visit.


Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed and faces blocked out to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)