Monday, February 17, 2014

Surro Files - 19 Weeks for Valentines Day

The Bun
Baby is now about the size of a mango (6.0 in) and 8.5 oz.  Many of the baby's senses are developing as specialized areas in the brain are being designated for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.  In addition, millions of motor neurons are continuing to develop in the baby's brain allowing more controlled and conscious movement.  Totally explains why I feel this little bun kicking all over the place all the time.
The Baby At 19 Weeks - Mango
The Baby Is The Size Of A Mango AT 19 Weeks
- photo courtesy of the baby's mommy and daddy -

The Oven
Growing, growing, growing.  That's what I do.  Every time I look down at my belly, I swear there must be another baby hiding in there somewhere... anywhere... Bueller... Bueller... are you there baby #2?  No?  Well, I guess I'll have to find some other reason why the baby is only 8.5oz yet I've gained 20lbs.  Haven't figured that one out yet.  I'll just say that babies that grow in my tummy are not ok with studio apartments.  They've built some 20 room mansion up in there.  Glad you're nice and cozy baby bun.  Haha!

With the large size has come certain pains.  Nothing out of the ordinary for me, but I guess it's those things that you push from your mind each pregnancy and hope they don't come back.  So far my pelvic bone pain has started.  Seems on track for when it started with the kids.  Everything down there is kind of relaxing getting ready to stretch to let the baby out, so it kind of feels like my pelvic bone is splitting in half if I move the wrong way.  No bueno!  I also get a lot of pressure down below like baby just wants to fall out if I walk too much.  Guess I better kick it up a notch with those keggle exercises.

The Belly @ 19 Weeks - Lots Of Love From Baby To Mommy & Daddy!

The Happenings In the Kitchen
Last week was Valentines week and we had a blast!  I've been planning and thinking about Valentines for quite awhile, which is weird for me since I don't usually make a big fuss over it.  Normally Brian and I go out to dinner while the in-laws watch the kids.  This year we opted to do a family Valentines day though.  We all went out for a light dinner (nothing fancy), and then came home to a wonderful surprise...  A banana split buffet!!!!!  My best friend actually gave me the idea since she does it every year, but this was our first.  I had Brian watch TV with the kids in the bedroom while I set it all up.  Three types of ice cream, bananas, toppings galore, and strawberry milk.  Even bought cute little plates, cups, and decorations to use as well.  Their eyes bugged out when they came out of the room.  "This is the best day ever!!!!!!"  That's what they kept saying.  It was all super yummy, but I will say that we all had stomach aches by the end of it.  Haha!  Totally worth the yumminess.

Valentines Day Banana Split Party
Valentines Day Banana Split Party
We also exchanged gifts.  Candy and cards as usual, but this time I also did a little something special for the girls and Brian.  Another friend of mine gave me the idea to do coupon books.  These ones are so cute with our faces on them and everything.  The girls have enough coupons to pick a special activity every weekend for a year.  It's just simple stuff, like going to the library, or going for a bike ride, or baking... but they are so excited to use them and it creates family time each week.  I also got one for Brian with enough dates for half the year... some everyday fun... so slightly more adult in content.  He loved the book as well.
Kids Date Coupon Book
My Girls, Mommy/Daddy Date Coupon Books
In addition to Valentines, I also finished the girls new room this week.  Over the past two months I've transformed their room from a Disney "Cars" room, to a girls surfer room.  Here's a little look at the new room, but I'm going to do a full post with lots of pictures (both before and after) very soon.
Surfer Girl Bedroom
My Girls New Bedroom Is DONE!!!!
The Chefs
Biggest news this week is that Belle and Adam are coming to visit this week!!!!!!!  I'm so excited!!!!!  Actually as I write this (I always do my write ups on Sunday night), Belle is already here.  She flew in just a few hours ago and is exhausted I'm sure.  Unfortunately she's without her luggage yet again.  It got lost on her first trip here early in January, and now it's lost again.  Boo to the airlines!!!!!!!  I hope she gets it back soon.  That being said, our plans for tomorrow might need to be changed so she can locate her luggage, but if all goes as planned... this is what we have planned for the week...

Monday - Day trip to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk with the whole family and Belle.  Works out great because the girls have the day off of school, so it'll be awesome to show her the California Coast.
Tuesday - Birthing classes with Belle and a tour of the hospital.  So excited to do this!  It'll be fun prepping for the big day and although I've had all my kids at this hospital, they've recently built a whole new building for labor and delivery, so I can't wait to see the new building.
Wednesday - Free Day with Belle, and Adam flies in late at night that night.
Thursday - Give Belle and Adam a tour of Fresno and Clovis.  Belle's already seen a lot, but this is Adam's first time.  Then we have the anatomy scan in the afternoon.  Whoo hoo!  Later that night we'll have dinner with the family.
Friday - Belle and Adam head home.  Boo!

Coming Soon !!!
February 17th - 21st - Belle and Adam are coming to visit!!!!
February 19th - Childbirth Class - Yay!  Will be fun doing the class with Belle so we're all ready for the big day.
February 20th - 20 Week Anatomy Scan - Can't wait for this awesome scan!  Baby will be so big!
March 6th - 21 Week OB Appt - Meeting with the doctor again on this appointment.  Love her!

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)