Monday, January 27, 2014

Surro Files - 16 Weeks In The Lap Of Luxury


The Bun
This week baby is the size of an avocado (4.6 in) and 3.5 oz.  Baby's limbs are now much more developed with the legs and arms longer and becoming more controlled in movement.  Their skeletal system is also developing more as calcium is deposited onto the bones.  On top of that, over the next couple of weeks baby's weight will double!!!!
Baby Is Now The Size Of An Avocado

The Oven
The belly just keeps expanding and expanding.  People are amazed that I'm only 16 weeks.  Gah!  Yes, I still have a long ways to go.  Believe me.  This belly gets huge.  Baby bun has kicked it up a notch on kicking.  It's not crazy or anything, but definitely noticeable at least once or twice a day with several kicks.  It's always interesting to find out where this little bun is hiding.  Right now baby is really low and center or to the right.  Might explain why I don't want to button my pants anymore.  Or it could be I'm just getting too fat.  Haha!  Did I mention I just can't bring myself to wear maternity pants yet?  I know I'll have to break down one day.

The Belly @ 16 weeks in front of Chateau Du Sureau

The Happenings In the Kitchen
This week was an awesome week!  For Christmas Brian bought me a nights stay at Chateau Du Sureau, and dinner at the Elderberry House.  It's such a romantic, elegant, and OH SO YUMMY place to go!!!!  So this week we finally headed out on our trip.  It's only a 45 minute drive up the mountain and we were met out front by the butler and the head housekeeper to greet us.  They gave us a tour and showed us our room.  We were in the Chamomile Room and it was beautiful!  They brought us up a nice snack for tea time, then we had the rest of the day to relax before dinner.  We lounged in the room and went on a walk to see the grounds.  Finally dinner came and it was AMAZING!!!!!  This place could cook me a soup of swamp water and would make it taste good.  Even foods I don't normally eat taste amazing.  This time we had halibut, chestnut soup, venison loin, watercress and endive salad, a cheese course, "root beer float" (not really, but it tasted like it), pistachio semifreddo, and another sampling of mini desserts.  Phew!  I was about to explode!!!!!!  At one point Belle and Adam's little bundle of joy started kicking all over the place.  I told Brian that the baby must love the food.  He said it was because I was eating too much food and taking up all the baby's space and the kicking was to tell me to drop the fork.  Boo!  I'm going to go with the first idea that they loved the food.  The next day we had more great food!  An elegant breakfast before we headed back home.  It was just a parfait, but this was the best parfait I've ever had!!!  Plus we got fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, croissants, and a platter of fruit, meat, and cheeses.  Yum!  Just the way to end out trip.  I can't wait to go back again!!!

Tea Time Snack / Venison Loin @ Dinner / Elderberry Parfait @ Breakfast

Our Room / The Parlor / The Front Of The Chateau

Brian & I On The Swings / Hanging Out With The Potheads / Swinging Baby To Sleep Near The Pond

Brian & I @ Dinner / Brian & I @ Breakfast / Baby And I Are All Dressed Up

In addition I also started back up on yoga this week.  I've been so tired the first trimester that I haven't really been exercising.  It's so nice to get back into the swing of thing though.  My plan is to do my yoga video that Belle got me on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the prenatal workout video that Belle got me on Mondays and Fridays.  Then my favorite day is Saturdays!  Belle got me 10 prenatal yoga classes at a local studio.  I went for the first time this past Saturday and LOVED it!!!  It's a cute small class with only 6 students max, and the teacher is really sweet.  Plus, one of my really good friends is also in the class, so that makes it even better.  Can't wait for next Saturday!!!

The Chefs
Belle and Adam are still doing great and working on getting ready for their little one.  One of the main things they've been working on is getting ready for breastfeeding.  As I told you last week, Belle had started pumping and was getting a few drops already on day 1!!!!  I thought that was great, but it looks like she plans on kicking it up a notch just to be sure that she has a full supply when baby gets here.  She's now adding in a medication to help induce lactation and will be seeing a doctor to help guide her through the process.  I'm just so excited for this and can't wait for when the baby is born so she can start that amazing bonding experience!

I also got a doppler in the mail from Belle and Adam.  Now we can check up on their little baby whenever we want.  Just waiting on the gel to come in the mail so we can test it out.

I mailed out all the study materials for their birthing online class last week, and it looks like it just got there today.  Yay!  Now they can both start studying up for the big day.  Belle and I still plan to do a one day course at the hospital when she comes for her trip in May, but this online class will help Adam since he won't be going and Belle too since our class is only one day.  Good to be prepared for what to expect.

Coming Soon !!!
Fun Gender Ultrasound on January 30th - Belle and I already have a pretty good guess as to what the gender of the baby is, but it never hurts to check again.
17 Week OB Appt on February 6th - Going to do an internal exam at this appointment.  Fun times.
20 Week Anatomy Scan on February 20th - Can't wait for Belle and Adam to get here for this one!  So exciting!!!!
21 Week OB Appt on March 6th - Meeting with the doctor again on this appointment.  Love her!

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)