Monday, December 23, 2013

Surro Files - 11 Weeks for the Holidays


The Bun
The baby is now the size of a lime (1.6 in) and about .25 oz.  This week the baby is officially developed enough to be called a fetus.  The great news is that the most critical part of the baby's organ system development is over.  The baby will grow very rapidly and will double in size by next week.  Wow!!!!!!  On the baby's head the ears are moving to the side of the head.  Reproductive organs are becoming more distinguished.  Hmmmmmm... boy or girl????

The Baby Is Now The Size Of A Lime

The Oven
Last week I was feeling lots of growing pains, but this week I don't feel anything.  I think as the 2nd trimester nears, I'm starting to settle into the easy part of pregnancy.  Growing big and feeling good.  I will admit though that the lack of symptoms always makes me worry, but it's been the same with all my kids.  You worry about the things you can't see and you can't control.  Only 2-1/2 more weeks till we get to see the bun again and all our nerves will be calm again.

The Belly @ 11 Weeks

The Happenings In the Kitchen
No ultrasound this past week, but I did have my last blood check for my hormone levels.  I was expecting to wean off my progesterone suppositories slowly after that point, but they said my blood levels looked great and I could just stop all medications right then!  Awesome!!!!  Early Christmas gift.  You don't even know happy days till you've done 3 suppositories a day (not in my bum at least) for 2 months and finally get to stop.  Yay!  Break out the pretty underwear!!!

In other news, Christmas is coming up soon, so that's what I've been fixated on for the past week month.  I've been shopping like crazy.  Too crazy according to my husband, but I can't help it.  I'm a Christmas freak and I always want Christmas to look like when I was a kid.  Magical!  One thing I did do differently this year though, was to shop online.  I NEVER shop online, so this is big for me.  But when you're dead tired from early pregnancy, going out and shopping doesn't sound fun at all.  It was pretty awesome to just have all the gifts come to me... besides the few gifts I got from Zulily that are not going to make it in time.  Boo!!!!!!

Another thing new this year?  We're staying in a cabin from the day before my oldest girl's birthday to the day after Christmas.  I didn't realize just how much planning and packing that this would entail.  OMG!  It's been quite the task to plan.  Just imagine cooking an entire Christmas dinner at a house you've never been to.  I had no idea what they already had there so I found myself packing up my whole house just in case I needed it.  Haha!  Ok, not quite, but it sure did feel like it.

Lastly, I made this super cute card for Belle and Adam.  Belle supplied the shirt and I created the card.  They plan on opening it on Christmas morning.  Wish I would have thought of the whole idea myself, but I'm still happy with how the card came out.  What a great gift!  I hope they like it!!!

My Christmas Card to Belle & Adam

The Chefs
The chefs, Belle and Adam, have been busy with their own little card.  They've been working on their pregnancy announcement for the big reveal on Christmas Day!!!!!!!  I can't wait to hear what their friends and family say.  I'm sure they will all be ecstatic to know that the big day when Belle and Adam's little bundle of joy enters this world isn't that far away!  I love the announcement.  They've been working on it awhile and baking up a storm.  Yes, they created everything in the pictures.  Such an original idea and it fits the season perfectly!

Belle & Adam's Pregnancy Announcement
I also got an awesome gift from Belle and Adam for Christmas this week!!!!  The envelope didn't conceal what was inside too well, so Belle said to just open it early.  I got 10 prenatal yoga sessions at one of our local yoga studios.  I've been to this studio before and like it a lot, so I'm super excited to go again.  Now that I'm hitting the 2nd trimester soon, I'll be ready to get back into my yoga routine with my new found energy.  Yay!!!!  Thanks so much!!!!

I'm also excited that it's only 2 more weeks till Belle gets here!!!!!  Eeeeeek!!!!  We're going to have so much fun.  We've already got a lot lined up with doctor appointments.  Our NT Scan is on the 9th and then our first OB appointment is on the 10th.  So excited that she'll be able to be here for two very important appointments.  We're also going to try and fit in a movie or two.  Maybe Frozen with the kids and either Catching Fire or The Hobbit without the kids.  I'm so behind on my movies.  Gah!  Maybe we'll head out to the zoo or an indoor fun place too.  Drive around town and show the sites.  So much we can do!

Coming Soon !!!
Our NT Scan is January 9th This is the ultrasound where they will look for abnormalities.  Hoping we don't see anything out of the ordinary.  It really is an amazingly detailed scan.  Belle will be flying out for this one!!!!
Our first OB appt with Dr. B is January 10th  We will be almost 14 weeks into the pregnancy at this point.  Super excited that Belle will be flying out for this one too!!!!

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)