Monday, August 19, 2013

Surro Files - The Moment Of Truth...

Well, it's been about two weeks since the embryo transfer and today is the moment of truth.  It's blood draw day.  Not only will they be checking my hormone levels, but they will also be checking to see if I'm pregnant or not.  The chances are pretty slim that I am since I did home pregnancy tests from last Sunday through Thursday with no luck.  I did get a light line on Wednesday, but it decided to disappear shortly afterwards.  Crap!  Both Belle and I agree that was a pretty evil trick to play on a couple and a surro that are already on the edge of their seats.  Just for the record... that was an Answer test, and I will not be using those again!

Back to my blood test though...  I completed the test this morning and should have the results later today or tomorrow morning.  We don't expect a positive so we've already been planning for transfer number two.  I won't know when that will be till after the blood test results, but my guess is that it will be either mid September or late September.  Not sure if it will be another natural cycle, but I certainly hope that it is.  Belle, Adam, and I are even throwing around the idea of transferring two embryos next time.  Anything to give us better odds at getting a BFP (big fat positive pregnancy test!!!).  I'll make sure to update you all as soon as I get word about the test.  Let's hope for a miracle!

In other news... My girls started back up at school today.  I can't believe my oldest is now in the 2nd grade and my middle is in the 1st grade!!!  They're getting so big now.  This past weekend we went out shopping to get their back to school outfits.  Don't they look hip?!?!  Good luck girls!!!!  I hope this year is great for you both!


Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey*

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of you! I hope you get your miracle today (and in 9 months!) FET's can be crazy and late implanters. Let's hope that was the case. If not, hopefully September will bring you better luck. I think transferring two might be a good idea as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)