Monday, May 27, 2013

Surro Files - Memorial Day Weekend


The kids and grandma playing in the sand and water at Shaver Lake, CA.
The kids and grandma playing in the sand and water at Shaver Lake, CA.

Happy Memorial Day!!!! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. We had an awesome weekend! Our whole family and my Inlaws all went camping at the Edison Campgrounds in Shaver Lake, California. This is Brian and I's favorite place to camp. The pine trees, the lake, the fire pits; It all says camping to us. I won't lie though. The trip wasn't all toasty hotdogs and s'mores. Linc didn't sleep well which means I didn't sleep well and the propane for the heater ran out in the middle of the night leaving us all ice cubes in our beds. Burrrrrrrrrrrr! Other than that it was great though. We roasted s'mores, played at the lake, went Geocaching (see my post on Geocaching if you don't already know about my latest obsession), and hiked on the nature trails. Can't wait for our next camping trip in July at Pismo Beach, California, and back at Shaver in September. Yay!!!!!

Geocaching in Shaver Lake, CA
Geocaching in Shaver Lake, CA

Ok, I know you're not checking in to hear about my camping trip though. I'm sure you want to know about how the surrogacy is going. Well I'll tell you, it's flying by!!!!! This past week I took my last birth control pill and continued on with the Lupron injections. Most of the time the injections have gone great, but I've had a few bad days. Sometimes I hit a vein and bleed. Darn veins getting in the way! It's not bad though. A little pressure stops the bleeding and it doesn't hurt. I did have one day it did hurt though. Not sure what happened. I also tried my stomach one day. That didn't go so well. I went in to puncture and the needle bounced off my belly and I started to bleed. Freaked me out. Not sure what went wrong, but I haven't tried it again. I think I'll just stick with the legs.

So what's to come? I have a monitoring appointment on Wednesday (ultrasound and bloodwork) to check how my body is doing. If all looks well then I'll start Estradiol on Thursday. The'll keep monitoring me each week, and if all looks well for the egg donor and I then we will be flying to Connecticut for the transfer the week of June 17th. So soon!!!! Belle and I are still talking everyday as the big day nears. Both of our schedules are pretty packed till then, but no amount of busyness could cover up the excitement. We'll be there soon Belle and Adam! I hope I don't let you down.

Don't forget to check out my "Surrogacy" tab at the top of this page to catch up on any posts you might have missed

*Some of the names in this post have been changed to protect the identities of those involved in this journey

3 comments:

  1. So exciting!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes! Good luck to you and your IP's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great fun with your family, That kid looks cute in red top:)

    Marlee
    http://www.apparelnbags.com/bella/index.htm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)