Saturday, May 26, 2012

DAY 6 - DDL Flats & Handwashing Challenge - Camping With Flats

Well, It's Day 6 of the DDL Flats & Handwashing Challenge. I can't believe it's almost over. For those of you that have not been following my recent journey, I'm currently taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all. You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!

Well the rest of this challenge I'm camping and writing blog posts isn't that easy. For that reason I thought I'd do a camping photo montage. Yes I know we're in a trailer and this isn't really camping, but it's about as rustic as my husband gets. The girls and I had a lot of fun doing diaper laundry today. This is actually the first time they've helped me do diaper laundry and the best time I've had doing it. It was so nice to be out in nature and doing something together as a family. Even Linc got in on the action for a bit. My husband on the other hand sat in a chair and sulked that we have one day left of the challenge. Mind you he hasn't changed one diaper or done one load of laundry. Doesn't make sense to me. So with the exception of my husband we're having fun on day 6. Check out our pictures below.

Camping in Coarsegold, CA
Linc and I camping in Coarsegold, CA

Kids handwashing diaper laundry while camping
Riley & Reagan doing the diaper laundry

Kids handwashing diaper laundry while camping
Reagan would rather entertain than clean

Cloth diapers drying outside our camper
Diapers drying outside



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)