Friday, December 16, 2011

GroVia Organic Newborn AIO Review



GroVia Organic Newborn AIO
Print: Owls - $14.95
Color: Cloud - $14.95

If I had to pick one word to describe the GroVia Organic Newborn AIO diapers, it would be CUTE!  That's the first thing that drew me to these diapers.  I love both the modern prints and the solid colors.  When I received the diaper the first thing I noticed besides the cute fabric, was the feel of the exterior fabric.  It's so soft and smooth.  Almost like silk.  The exterior fabric is actually TPU (similar to PUL) and creates the waterproof barrier on the exterior of the diaper.  The edges of the diaper are serged and the elastic bindings of the legs and back are ruffled.  This gives the diaper almost a fitted diaper sort of look which I love.  The last thing you'll notice on the outside of the diaper are the snaps.  The snaps coordinate with the TPU color perfectly and are of very good quality and are strong.  You'll also notice a snap down rise on the front of the diaper.  Although the diapers fit babies from 5-12 pounds which seems typical of a newborn diaper, these are a bit more customizable because of the adjustable rise and it also enabled me to use the diapers while Lincoln still had his cord on.  I didn't think I'd like snaps, but these were very easy to use and only required one snap on each wing.

When you open up the diaper you'll see that the interior is certified organic cotton both on the liner and the soaker pad.  This gives you lots of absorption all over the entire interior of the diaper.  I wish the edges were finished differently though.  Because the liner is cotton and the cotton goes all the way to the edge of the diaper, it tends to wick moisture onto Lincoln's clothing if I don't change his diaper as soon as it gets wet.  I do like that this is an AIO though and I don't have to worry about stuffing and un-stuffing this diaper.  They've even partially solved the problem of AIO's taking so long to dry and not getting clean enough by attaching, but not completely sewing in the soaker pad to the diaper interior.  Even so, this diaper is still my longest drying newborn diaper because it's made from natural fibers.
_________________________________________________________________________________
PERFORMANCE REVIEW
I started using this diaper on Lincoln when he was 1 week old at around 8lbs 4oz while he still had his umbilical cord.

Lincoln at 1 week (8lbs 4oz) and 6 weeks (11 lbs)

Ease Of Use: ♥♥♥♥ - Very easy to use.  The snaps work really well and I like that there is only one snap on each side to snap.  That being said, aplix is still easier to use than snaps so I didn't give it a perfect score.

Adjustability & Fit: ♥♥♥ - I love the fact that these are adjustable on rise even though they're for a newborn.  It made it possible for me to use them while Lincoln still had his umbilical cord.  I liked the trimness of these diapers as well.  The only problem I had was that I had quite a few poop blowouts out the legs in this diaper.

Leak Protection: ♥♥♥♥ - Out of all my newborn diapers this one leaked the most.  This was mostly due to the fact that the cotton interior lining extends out on the leg openings.  Since Lincoln liked to sleep a lot, I couldn't change these diapers as fast as they need to be because of this feature.  GroVia says you can fold the diaper ruffles in, but they seemed too stiff to do this when I tried.  I think the only solution is to change them really often.

Wash Routine: ♥♥♥ - I had no problems with staining or stink with these diapers.  I love that I can just throw them into the wash without un-stuffing them and I don't have to worry about aplix getting stuck on everything else since it's a snap diaper.  They do take quite awhile to dry though even with the flap type soaker.  This diaper takes the longest to dry out of all my newborn diapers.  Usually I end up letting it air dry overnight if it's taking too long in the dryer.

Bang For The Buck: ♥♥♥ - At $14.95 it's an average price for a newborn AIO, but since you need to change the diaper more often, you're going to need more of them so it cancels out the great price a bit.


The Look: ♥♥♥♥♥ - This diaper is super cute with lots of great modern looking prints and fun solid colors.  I love the quality look of the snaps and the cute ruffle details on the legs and back elastic areas.  I also love the feel of this diaper.  The TPU exterior fabric is very soft and pliable.  If I was going to show off Lincoln in a diaper this would definitely be one of them.

** Please note that while I aim to provide the most thorough and honest reviews possible, this review is based on my own preferences and experiences.  Each baby is different and each parent has different likes and dislikes.  What works for one may not work for another, so keep that in mind while doing your research.
_________________________________________________________________________________

If you would like to purchase GroVia Organic Newborn AIO diapers for your little one, then please visit GroVia's website or help support this blog by visiting one of my affiliate stores: Sweetbottoms Baby BoutiqueKelly's ClosetDiaper Junction, or Thanks Mama.


**A product was given to me for the purpose of this review, but the review is comprised completely of my own opinions  and was not influenced by any other outside source.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)