Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Great Search (All In One's)

Recently I've been researching all my cloth diaper options.  There are so many different types of cloth diapers and within those types there are so many different brands.  It's enough to keep my head spinning constantly.  Right now I'm try to figure out what diapers I want to purchase and test out when the baby comes.  It's best not to buy all of one diaper type and just assume that will be the best fit for you just because someone else said the diaper was great.  Diapers fit different babies differently, and what might be easy for one parent to use, may not be easy for another.  And what might keep one baby leak free may not keep another baby leak free.  It's for this reason that I want to get a few diaper brands from each diaper type (All in One's, All in Two's, Pockets, Fitteds, Prefolds, & Flats) and decide which works best for the baby and our family when the baby gets here.

My first type of diaper that I want to select some samples from is the All-in-One (AIO).  An AIO is the closest thing to a disposable diaper.  You use them pretty much the same way, only when you take the diaper off, instead of throwing it away, you put it in the hamper to wash.  It has it's absorbent layers and cover all attached together so there is no need for a separate cover.  You can also get these in snaps or aplix.  Snaps last longer, but aplix is easier so I've decided to try both.  I felt this type of diaper would be the easiest for my husband Brian to use so I spent a lot of time focusing on it.
Kissaluvs Marvels OS AIO

In order to do my research I spent a lot of time on Diaper Pin.  This site has reviews on tons of diapers and really helped me to narrow down my search.  I also looked at lots of YouTube video reviews that showed exactly what each diaper looked like and how they are used.  Internet searches of reviews also helped when I was still in question.

After all my research these are my top All-In-One (AIO) diapers that I plan on trying out so far.


BumGenius Elemental OS AIO

BumGenius Elemental One-Size All-In-One (Artist Series)
BumGenius is one of the most popular cloth diaper brands out there.  I've even seen it recently at the Buy Buy Baby store.  Although they discontinued their popular BumGenius One-Size All-In-One 3.0 series, I decided to give this diaper a try.  It's had mixed reviews but still worth a shot.  You can get these in solid colors or for a little more money you can get the Artist Series which I've selected because they are so darn cute!  These are an organic cotton diaper, so they have less chemicals and are better on the environment, but I have read that the organic cotton does not stand up as well as regular cotton.  I guess we will soon see.  These diapers are also a one-size diaper which means they adjust to fit a newborn, all the way to potty training.  Thus you save a lot of $$$  These diapers retail for about $26.95.  Click HERE for more info.

Kissaluvs Marvels OS AIO
Kissaluvs Marvels One-Size All-In-One
Kissaluvs is also a very popular brand.  I chose these diapers for their great reputation and great reviews.  I love that they have a pocket in them which will aid in better cleaning and I like the contrasting color selections.  There are no fancy patterns, but if it works well then it doesn't matter.  The pocket also allows you to easily add additional soaker's for better wetness protection if you have a heavy wetter or are using it for a nighttime diaper.  This diaper retails for about $22.95.  Click HERE for more info.


Ragababe Easy AIO
Ragababe Easy All-In-One Diaper
I loved these diapers the minute I saw them.  They have such great patterns and got great reviews.  Since it seems like a lot of people I know have a misconception of what modern cloth diapers are like, I wanted to get as many super cute diapers as I can so I can show them how far cloth diapering has come.  Unlike the first two this diaper fastens with aplix instead of snaps.  This allows for a more custom fit since you can aplix at any point instead of snapping in increments.  It's also a sized diaper so you do need to get new sizes as your baby grows, but you do eliminate the look of snaps all up and down the front.  This diaper retails for about $25.95.  Click HERE for more info.


I can't wait to try out my All-In-Ones when the baby gets here!  Next for me to research are the All-In-Two's.  Hope you're enjoying my Adventures in Fluff.  I know I am.


5 comments:

  1. Chana, I was completely confused when I initially started looking into this. There is SO many options and can be overwhelming which is why I didn't bother going further. Seeing your blog, really got me interested again. I found the websites; Modernclothdiapers.com, and dirtydiaperlaundry.com to be very helpful for me. I like the AIO, but i'm too cheap to buy that many of them. I will probably use 6-7 of the AIO or AI2 for shells and just replace the soakers as needed. <3 Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got excited about it again. I agree, it's pretty overwhelming, but I figure I've got lots of time to figure it out. I'll be showing what AI2's I plan on trying out on my next post. You could also try doing fitted's with covers. I'm going to try a few of those too. Let me know if you get some soon so I can come check them out. I probably won't get mine till about September unless I can't put them on my registry, then I'll just get them early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're off to a GREAT start in all your research, and that you're still having fun! Yay! :) I can't wait for our LO's to be born, so you can actually try these out on your little guy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my BG OS Elementals. They are one of my favorite diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you love the BG OS Elementals. I was really on the fence with those ones since I've heard mixed reviews, but in the end I'm going to trust the good name that BG has made for themselves. I'm sure they'll be great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to show your support with a comment! I LOVE reading all of them and will try and answer any questions that you might have. :)